March 1, 2010

An Introduction.

Hey,
So I was going through some of my old comics one night. As I was choking on the dust that had settled, I thought about how often I don't re-read. Don't get me wrong, it's not like I'm a candidate for hoarders. However I sometimes wish I had the chance to revisit something I enjoyed.

With that in mind I gathered together my copies of 52. For those who may not remember 52 was a year long series where each week a new comic was released. This series was supposed to fill in the missing year when Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman disappeared. With the three pillars of the DC Universe taking some time out to deal with their own problems, well some shit went down.

I had always wanted to read a regular comic series but I was too intimidated at the time to pick up something like Batman. Also I didn't really know anyone who read comics regularly so I couldn't ask anyone for help if I was lost. At the time I remember being struck by the cover of this new series called 52. It looked cool, epic, and interesting. So I picked it up and dove in.

Well nearly 4 years later I'm following about 8-10 series regularly. And I have nearly all 52 issues sitting in a pile. I've decided that I'm gonna look at an issue a week for the next year, post my thoughts, maybe some notes. Now I'm no Doug Wolk, not a comic expert by any means, but I thought maybe it'd be fun.

So join along with me, I'll be posting about 52 #1 in a few days, Enjoy, Book Slave.

No comments:

Post a Comment